Thursday, October 01, 2009

Women adopts, then returns child

From MSN and the Today Show online
She adopted a child - and then gave him up
Anita Tedaldi adopted a little boy, loved him, and raised him for 18 months before reaching a heartbreaking conclusion: They weren't bonding, and another family could give him a better home. "I loved him and I cared deeply for him," she said.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33117703/ns/today-parenting_and_family/from/ET


Before I move forward with prescription and medical assistance, I ran across this story today and wanted to share. This young mother of 5 and her husband adopted a baby and then later gave him up. I don't want to just move head first into my views. I would like to share a dialogue about this. Please read the article and feel free to post your comments.

3 comments:

Amber said...

That story just kill me. I cannot understand how you can be a sole caregiver for a child for 18 months and then "not bond" with them. I have trouble giving back my friends' kids after babysitting for a couple of hours :) I don't think that she should be aloud to adopt again. Adoptions is supposed to be forever, not just until it becomes inconvenient. So sad for that child.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Phyl B. said...

I feel the same. This poor child has to start over. The only family that he ever knew has left him. We as women always want to reach out to a child in pain but we are still human. Sometimes reaching out can be through volunteerism and donations. With 5 children of her own and then to adopt a child with special needs and a husband in active duty, that is too much. Angelina Jolie makes adoption, career and motherhood look easy but she has a lot of well paid help. I think the decision to adopt was not a good one and then to return the child after 18 months was even worse. My heart goes out to all involved.

Eliza said...

Oh my goodness! That's just heartbreaking!