Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nomination

This e-mail was originally sent to the production company that creates the HGTV show Deserving Design.  My e-mail kicked back so I assume they are no longer taking applications.  I do feel I need to share my thoughts and testimony to my bloggng community.  I hope someone finds a little inspiration in this.  Thanks! 

Good Afternoon-
 
I would like to nominate for Deserving Design my Aunt.  Through the years my Aunt has been one of my biggest cheerleaders and advocates.  She is a pround and active member of Ben Hill United Methodist Church and Delta Sigma Theta sorority.  She was an educator for many years and was last a counselor at Price Middle School.  However, aside from all of her accomplishments I would like to highlight her for events of the past year.
 
In March of this year, my Mother passed away suddenly.  My brothers and I were at a loss for taking care of her funeral.  Without an afterthought, my Aunt handed over her credit card to take care of the expenses.  For this alone she should be commended but the story goes on. 
 
On Mother's Day weekend 2009, I was very ill.  I had a high fever and a terrible back ache.  I was to find out later in the week the backache was from a very large kidney stone.  After an ultrasound and CT scan, it was determined that I had kidney cancer.  The cancer was found on both my right and left kidney.  Due to the extent of the invasion, my left kidney and a portion of my right kidney were removed.  What do these events have to do with my Aunt?  Well, prior to my diagnoses I'd just moved from Atlanta back to my home town of Mobile, Alabama.  With my husband out of the country and my mother's passing, my daughter and I were quite alone.  My Aunt took us in so I could have the surgeries in Atlanta.  She gave us a place to live, feed us and took care of our every need from June 30,2009 until today.
 
I'm writing you this letter because I don't know if I will ever be able to repay her for what she has done.  My daughter and I will be returning to Mobile very soon with a new sense of family.  My Aunt has taught us what love and self sacrifice can be.  I never thought I would see that again after my Mother died yet here it is.
 
Please consider my nomination for Deserving Design, M.H. of Atlanta, GA.
 
Thank you so much for your time and I hope to hear form you very soon.


Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.

No comments: